The Speech-Language Pathology Clinic assists adults with acquired communication and/or swallowing disorders. These disorders may be related to speech, language (verbal expression, auditory comprehension, reading and writing) and cognitive-linguistic communication (memory, planning, organization...)
The clinic's speech-language pathologists offer the following services - screening and assessment;
- therapy (individual)
- counseling and education
- group therapy for Parkinson's patients.
You must be referred by a physician to obtain the services of this clinic: referral form for speech language pathology.
- Adult (over the age of 18) who have an acquired communication and/or swallowing disorder (e.g., dysarthria, apraxia, aphasia, cognitive-linguistic difficulties).
- The individual should:
- Have given consent for the request;
- be able to tolerate a therapeutic session of at least 30 minutes; be able to tolerate a therapeutic session of at least 30 minutes;
- be continent or have someone present to help them get to the bathroom;
- have transportation to and from the clinic;
- have a basic functional level of English or French or have someone present to assist them as a translator*.
Referrals for individuals who have received S-LP services in the last 12 months for identical or similar goals as outlined in the consult and have not demonstrated progress will not be accepted.
Hôpital Montfort is able to provide translation services with advance notice to a maximum of two visits.
Hours of operation
Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Closed from noon to 1 p.m.)
This service is also available by videoconference or telephone.
This service requires a medical referral.
You must fill out forms prior to your appointment.
Wing R, Room 1R201
Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.