The Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation program promotes optimal health, self-management and the active participation of patients with cardiovascular or pulmonary disease.
This bilingual program facilitates healthy lifestyle achievements through coaching and education.
Our interprofessional team excels in offering the highest quality of care, enabling patients to achieve their individual goals and improve their quality of life.
Who can benefit from these services?
Any patient diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease or who underwent a cardiac event, procedure or surgery.
All patients diagnosed with a pulmonary disease, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchiectasis or pulmonary fibrosis.
Please note that a medical referral is mandatory to access this service.
Hours of operation
Monday and Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Why participate in a rehabilitation program?
- To regain your former abilities
- To control and recognize the symptoms of cardiovascular and pulmonary disease
- To reduce the frequency and severity of symptoms
- To improve quality of life
- To encourage smoking cessation
- To increase functional capacity
- To improve exercise tolerance in order to limit incapacity and gain greater independence
- To develop an action plan for symptom self-management
- To reduce the number of emergency room visits and hospitalizations
- Adult obesity management
- Cholesterol management
- Hypertension management
- Metabolism management
- Nutrition management
- Prevention and exacerbation management
- Psychosocial support
- Respiratory function evaluation
- Smoking cessation management
We have exercises classes for everyone. These classes are:
- of low, moderate or high intensity;
- offered two days a week;
- scheduled for eight to twelve weeks.
These classes also include:
- eight to ten participants per class;
- supervised exercises classes;
- personalized exercise programs.
Access to a range of healthcare professionals
- Registered nurse (RN)
- Registered Dietitian (RD)
- Kinesiologist (R.Kin)
- Physiotherapist (PT)
- Respiratory Therapist (RT)
We can also refer to other services as needed.
Our interprofessional team can offer you personalized services designed to meet your program goals.
Information sessions are available every Tuesday
Your health professionals are pleased to share their knowledge about:
- Cardiac anatomy, physiology and risk factors
- Pulmonary anatomy and physiology
- Cardiac medications
- Pulmonary medications and inhalers (COPD)
- Asthma medications
- Asthma diagnostic and triggers
- Smoking cessation
- Exercise and health
- Motivation, emotion and stress management
- Shortness of breath and energy conservation
This service is also available by videoconference or telephone.
This service requires a medical referral.
You must fill out forms prior to your appointment.
Wing R, Room 1R201
Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.